Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chanel Ombres à Paupières Soft Touch Eyeshadows for Holiday 2011 - Swatched

Two Chanel Ombre à Paupières Mono Douceur (Soft Touch Eyeshadow) shades were introduced for Holiday 2011. They are #407, Blazing Gold (above left), and #417, Beige Lamé (above right). Each shadow is $28.50. I finally have a few swatch photos for you. The photo of the pair above was taken under cloud cover.

Beige Lamé is shown at left. The photo was taken in full morning sun. I hope you can see that it's a stunning shade in the pan. I think it's best described as taupe, but it's not a lavender-leaning taupe. I'm not sure how to describe the gorgeous shade, but since my photos are true to color, I'll let you try. Please leave a comment and help me!

The photo of Blazing Gold at right was taken at the same time. It's not hard to describe that shade at all. It's a pure, sparking yellow gold.

One the skin, the shades sparkle. They telegraph holiday festivities, portrayed on the skin with an eye-highlighting sparkle. The gold shimmers more than the beige shade.

I applied each shade with a sponge-tipped applicator and took my swatch photos in full sun. I applied Blazing Gold a bit more heavily than Beige Lamé. I had to do that to get good photos because the gold is more sheer than the "beige" shade. What do you think?

I think the shades are exquisite - paired on the lid or alone. The sparkle will limit the daytime use of Blazing Gold for some women. Others aren't bound by the "sparkle at night" dictum and will wear Blazing Gold during the day. I belong to the latter camp. I love shimmering gold on my lid above the lashes.

If you already have a shade similar to Blazing Gold, I'd recommend you take a close look at Beige Lamé. It's drop-dead gorgeous. I am sure I might have other shadows close to the shade of Beige Lamé, but I don't recall having an exact duplicate. I'm very excited about it.

The Ombre à Paupières Soft Touch Eyeshadow singles for Holiday 2011 arrived at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria. I haven't had time to track their arrival at other Chanel counters - or Chanel's Web site. I'll try to do that soon and leave a comment. I wanted to start to get swatch photos of the collection as quickly as possible today, given my absence yesterday. Hope you enjoy!

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

NeenaJ said...

I would describe Beige Lamé simply as: LOVE.

Soni said...

Ditto Neena!!! I was going to pass on both of these but after seeing these swatches I've decided they are necessary for my addiction. =)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Neena! Love and gorgeous. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Soni, I don't know how anyone could pass on Beige Lamé. I do understand Blazing Gold for gold collectors. It's like other goldw, but oh so pretty.

Eileen said...

Wow! Beige Lamé is the perfect combination of warm, rich beige and glamourous gold. Your swatch reminds me of honey. I'm so glad the sun finally came out and you were able to treat us to swatches of all your Chanel goodies. They're beautiful.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Eileen. I like your description. You ARE buying it, right?

Eileen said...

Oh, yes! Beige Lame will definitely be mine--along with several other things :-) This whole collection is just too beautiful for words.

AilurophileNZ said...

That Beige Lame looks like a winner for me (I wonder when it will arrive in NZ?) It is so hard to find a not too yello, but also not too grey beige eyeshadow. This could be it! Definately going to have a look. Thank you for the great photos.

Giovanni_Rocco said...

I am a CHANEL heart fan, but to be honest this colors are the worst I've seen in my life. I will no be buying this colors. No CHANEL for me this holiday.