Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Fin Naturel (Natural Finish Loose Powder) in #47 Féérie for Holiday 2011 - Swatched

Chanel's Poudre Universelle Libre Fin Naturel (Natural Finish Loose Powder) in #47 Féérie for Holiday 2011 is a gorgeous flesh pink shade. It comes with a puff. In the photo above, taken in full morning sun, I held the large pot toward the sun to minimize shadows.

The loose powder is a finishing powder that adds a very light pink hue to the skin. In order to "dispense" enough powder through the holes in the plastic insert, I gave it a good shake with the cap on. That shake moved enough powder into the top of the pot so that I could get a photo of the shade. I think the loose powder looks "fleshier" in the pot than it applies on my pale skin.

A Chanel powder puff comes with Féérie, so if you like to pat your finishing powder onto your face, you have what you need. I prefer to use a big, fluffy powder brush to apply mine.

The powder is so light on my skin (much like the Lancôme Golden Hat powder) that I had difficulty in getting swatch photos. I applied a rather large swatch on my arm, from my wrist down about three inches, using a dense powder brush and the puff. The swatch photos here were the result. I'm not at all confident that you will be able to distinguish powdered arm from unpowdered arm below.

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Fin Natural (Natural Finish Loose Powder) in #47 Féérie is a finishing powder - not intended to provide a lot of color. Instead, you should use it to set your makeup and/or add a glow. It does have a lightly sparkling finish, making it more appropriate for evening events than daytime, in my opinion.

I can see the subtle pink shimmer best at the top of my arm, near my wrist. You may be able to see that I made no attempt to blend the powder, leaving a heavy application at top left on my arm.

Finishing powders are not intended to color the skin significantly. Rather, they enhance the skin as they set your makeup. Féérie will add a touch of pink to any skin tone, one that's flattering in evening light. Have you ever noticed how good you look when a restaurant has pink lighting at the table?

Féérie isn't a "flashy" item; it's a staple - one that will enhance your look for any occasion when you want to shine - inside and out. There's a lot of powder in the container, so it should last most women through several holiday seasons.

Chanel's Natural Finish Loose Powder in Féérie, along with the rest of the holiday collection, has arrived at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria. I haven't had time to track the collection's arrival at other Chanel counters - or Chanel's Web site. I'll try to do that soon and leave a comment on one of these Chanel features. I may be headed over to Neiman Marcus Mazza in a bit. I can check there for you. It's best for you to call your favorite Chanel counter before you head out to see the gorgeous holiday collection.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, thank you so much for the swatch! Will definitely have to pick this one up! I have slight pink undertones, however the lightest beige rose foundation is too dark for me so I have to use the lightest beige in everything...it's nice to finally have a powder that has a slight pink glow to it!!

Liz said...

Do you find this product leaves lots of glitter/sparkles on your skin versus luminosity? Curious about your experience... Thanks! xoLiz

Anonymous said...

It rather reminds me of this new powder I picked up - Korres Wild Rose Mineral Illuminating powder. Very pretty, I'll have to see how the Chanel compares with it.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Liz, there is a fair amount of micro-glitter in it. So, to answer your question, it's sparkling, but not over the top.

It adds luminosity, but not a sheen, which I think you and I love.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous!

I have that KORRES powder. Thanks for reminding me to feature it!

Liz said...

Oh how I do love a pretty sheen... xoLiz

Unknown said...

I think I should look for this at Chanel's counter... but just a question, do you think it can be compared to Guerlain's Météorites???

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anne,

Yes, it could be compared. I think the Guerlain product would win that contest.