Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trish McEvoy Mulberry SPF 15 Lip Color

There it was on the latest Trish McEvoy display at Neiman Marcus, tempting me with its sheer color. I wanted Mulberry SPF 15 Lip Color ($23) the moment I saw it. Easier said than done, I found. Mulberry had sold out instantly. It's even back ordered on Trish McEvoy's Web site.

Then I learned that I could acquire Mulberry in the Trish's Timeless Beauty Ready-to-Wear Makeup Planner Collection, a Neiman Marcus exclusive. The collection is really nice, so I bought Timeless Beauty. That's how I came to own the hard-to-get Mulberry.

From Trish McEvoy's Chic and Sheer Collection, Mulberry is the perfect fall color to protect, condition and color to your lips. As you can see in my swatches below, it's a very sheer shade, so don't let the dark color in the tube mislead you.

I took my swatch photos in full sun, and you can see the sun's reflection on my arm swatch of Mulberry. I could live in this shade. It adds a moist pink-grape tint to my lips. It's definitely there, but they look like my own lips enhanced with a colorful gleam. Mulberry is extremely flattering. I think everyone could wear it.

Mulberry reminds me of Clinique's Black Honey, but it's much more pink in color than Black Honey. I thought of Black Honey because Mulberry offers the same sheer, enormously flattering type of natural color that I love. Yikes - that's two "flattering" words in one feature. Now I want a second one. Where am I going to get it?

Definitely check out your favorite Trish McEvoy counter for Mulberry. Or consider the Neiman Marcus exclusive planner. It's gorgeous. I'll show you the rest of the planner when the sun returns.

Photo at top courtesy of Trish McEvoy; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

katie said...

ugh! I wanted to buy this at nordstrom a couple of weeks ago but the SA -from the chanel counter across the way- talked me out of it ("how about a glossimer instead?") so I thought maybe it looked terrible on me. Major regret- it's the perfect color!!

Victoria said...

This is too pretty. I will have to look for it! Thanks!

katie said...

just found it on nordstrom website :)

Susan said...

Do you think cool and fair toned ladies can wear the bronzer?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Katie!

Don't let those competitive gals steer you to their own brands! :) Go with your instincts!

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Victoria! I love it. Just remember...very sheer and natural.

Charlestongirl said...

Yea, Katie! Thanks for the info.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Susan, that's what I am - fair and cool toned - and it's perfect. You'll love it. I expect to wear down the first one and need another.

Mercedes said...

I just tried this on yesterday and it didn't show up at all on my lips :-( But the Rouge Coco Shines don't either.

Charlestongirl said...

Mercedes, it occurred to me that it might not show on those with more pigmentation in their lips than I have. That's too bad. It's so pretty when it provides color!