Thursday, October 6, 2011

Les Tissages de Chanel Blush Duo Tweed Effect in Tweed Brun Rosé for Holiday 2011

Les Tissages de Chanel Blush Duo Tweed Effect ($45) in Tweed Brun Rosé (#70), part of the Holiday 2011 Collection, continues the winning streak for Chanel's latest color collection. Inspired by the Chanel's iconic tweed fabric, two contrasting shades of sheer cheek color are delicately woven with a subtle shimmering powder for a natural luminous glow. This powder, with an ultra-soft texture, is airy and light.

The shade appears to be peach and golden beige in the pan, but the peach appears to be a pink-peach tone. On my skin, the overall effect is sparkling peach. The name, Brun Rosé, may be a bit misleading.

I took my photos in full afternoon sun. I applied Tweed Brun Rosé very heavily with a dense blush brush at the top of my arm and with a sponge-tipped applicator below so that I could show you its pastel peachiness. I also took my swatch photos with two backgrounds - one pink and one yellow, just in case that would help show the color.

I think the shade is beautiful. Actually, I think it's a great spring and summer shade. I'm not sure it's a "holiday" shade, but I don't necessarily buy holiday colors to confine them to holiday wear.

Les Tissages de Chanel Blush Duo Tweed Effect in Tweed Brun Rosé is definitely a sparkler on first use, but the major sparkle appears to come from a gold overlay. I expect that it will become less sparkly with continued use.

I'm running out of superlatives to use to describe Chanel's holiday color collection. This blush, which comes with a small brush, is a stunner in the pan and extremely flattering on the skin.

I purchased Tweed Brun Rosé at Neiman Marcus. The holiday collection is expected to be available at all Chanel counters and Chanel's Web site - soon if not already.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Nemo said...

Wow! But completely diff from Chanel's own description of this product! I was looking at this with some trepidation; but now, with your review, it's MINE!

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, I haven't seen Chanel's description of this shade. What did the company say?

Walls said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! You are singlehandedly selling me on the entire Chanel Holiday collection. I don't yet have a single Tissages de Chanel Blush Duo, not for lack of wanting one, however. I have, until now, demonstrated sufficient self-restraint, though your blogs aren't helping any. So far I have my eye on Beige Lamé, Enivrée, and the exquisite highlighter. Thanks for sharing with your readers. As always, good luck with the land preservation work.

lovethescents said...

Yes, this is very pretty. I have the Tweed Corail and I rarely reach for it. It's really nice, not sure why it's being neglected. This shade looks slightly similar.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Walls. I think I have one more Chanel lip color to go! It was a real love fest.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lovethescents,

That one was too coral for me. This one works - less orange, I suppose.

Eileen said...

This soft autumnal color is very much in keeping with what the Chanel MA's were doing at the event I attended last weekend: using only delicate, natural blush shades on the cheeks. It makes since when you look at the entire collection. With such an emphasis on gold and gilded shades of pink and red on the lips, a subtle blush is perfection. Since I love muted shades like this, it looks like yet another item is going on my ever growing list :-) I spoke to the Chanel manager today and she said the collection was due tomorrow. Whoopie!!!!!

By the way, anyone worried about the obvious sparkle they see in Charlestongirl's picture of Brun Rosé, don't worry. I have three of the Tweed blushes and the initial sparkle is, indeed, an overspray. Glitter-phobes need not fear :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Eileen, I can see where I've used it that the gold has been diminished. Sometimes I wish that cosmetics companies would skip the "curb appeal" overspray, which actually dissuades purchasers, in my opinion.

I found the peach, not the softness, the odd fit for holiday. Given the red and gold tones, I would have been more comfy with a brown or warm pink shade to coordinate. I still love it, but there isn't a chance I'll wear it with a red lip. On me, it would look like a mistake.

Nina said...

I'm dying of anticipation here in Boston. The Chanel Boutique said it will be about two weeks before they get the collection. Chanel.com is taking their sweet little time putting out this collection. And Neimans still has another week before the testers and display goes up. *ARGH!*

Charlestongirl said...

Goodness, Nina, how could they arrive here so much in advance of Boston? Makes no sense at all!