Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimers for Holiday 2011

Ah, new lip glosses - my weakness. Chanel introduced two Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimers ($28.50) with its Holiday 2011 Collection. Sparkle d'Or (#307, shown at left here) is a classic golden topper, and Sweet Beige (#297, shown at right) offers a warm rosy nude color. Both are luscious, with the same features and quality of other Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimers.

What a great day it was for taking photos - finally! I was able to get a couple of swatch photos to show you these shades. Sparkle d'Or is shown at the top of my arm, with Sweet Beige below. My photos were taken in full sun. I did turn my arm at an angle to the sun so that the shimmering shades wouldn't blind you.

Sparkle d'Or is extremely sheer. It's gold with gold sparkles. Unless you simply want a hint of shine on your lips, Sparkle d'Or is best used to top other lip colors - or other glosses. I'm sure you can see on my arm that it offers very little color. Rather, the effect is golden and shimmering. In the photo at left, it reflects the coloring of my arm, showing a slight pink undertone, but that's my arm under the sheer gloss, not the gloss itself.

Gold lip glosses often sell out first. They are extremely useful, which probably accounts for their popularity. If you're interested in Sparkle d'Or, don't waste any time looking for it.

Sweet Beige does provide the lips with color - not beige, per se, but an exquisite rosy nude. It's a warm shade - very flattering on the lips. Sweet Beige could become an everyday shade; it coordinates with almost every color family. I'll wear it alone, not as a topper. I absolutely love it. I have to look hard for nude tones that work for me. Most are too light. Sweet Beige is absolutely perfect.

I doubt I have to tell anyone reading this blog that Chanel's Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimers are fabulous lip glosses, with a nice feel and finish and reasonable wear time. We have two lovely new options.

I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus. The holiday collection is expected to be available at all Chanel counters and Chanel's Web site.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

8 comments:

mynewestaddiction said...

Those look amazing! I must have them! :) I am so glad I found you through the Beauty Blogger Group!

Charlestongirl said...

I am too, LauraJean! Thank you.

Rola said...

Sweet Beige is gorgeous. You can't go wrong with Chanel glosses!

Mercedes said...

I was so disappointed with the gloss colors. However, I also have a hard time trying to find nudes. I actually wear Chanel Imaginaire as my "nude" You are right, sweet beige might be perfect as a "nude" as well!! Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Did you get it yet, Rola? If not, I really love the way it looks on me.

Charlestongirl said...

Mercedes, at first glance, they look ho-hum. It was only after I wore them that I realized how much I would be wearing them! I plan to purchase a second Sweet Beige today.

mulberrytea said...

I just spotted this collection at Saks and I bought Sweet Beige immediately. I also tried the highlighting powder, gold eyeshadow, and Rouge Carat polish. I'm surprised you got this collection earlier than me since I'm in NYC!

Charlestongirl said...

I'm surprised too, Mulberrytea! NY "always" gets everything before we do. We got lucky, I guess.

I bought my second Sweet Beige and my second Empire this week. Since they are limited, I don't want to run out anytime soon.