Saturday, October 15, 2011

Jouer Hydrating Lipstick in Nicole

Sometimes you just know from an online swatch that you're going to love a lipstick. So it was with Jouer's Hydrating Lipstick ($22) in Nicole. Jouer helped me know I'd love it because of its wonderful Web site. When you click on a swatch, a photo of the lipstick itself pops up - tremendously helpful for an online shopper. I went from the photo below right to the one above left with one click. What a nice feature! I used the swatch to zero in on "my kind of shade," then clicked on it to see more.

Nicole is described as a shimmering, bronzed pink. Brown/pink hybrids almost always please me. I'm sure that's why my eyes zeroed in on Nicole. I wanted several of the available shades, but decided to exercise some restraint when I ordered, knowing I could go back later for more.

I did everything but cartwheels this week to try to get photos of Nicole, which I've had for about a month. One day, the clouds parted, and we had spotty sunshine for an hour late in the day. I dashed outside and was able to get a few photos before the clouds filled in again. It was challenging, dashing from spot to spot, waiting for the sun to peek out from behind huge cumulus clouds.

Here is the lovely Nicole in the tube. Just as described, it appears to be rose with a touch of brown. It's only when I apply it on my lips that I realize it's so much more complex than that simple description. It shimmers with a warm rose that has just a touch of peach in it - not enough that I might call it peachy pink or peachy rose, but enough to warm it on my lips.

My swatch photos don't do justice to the lovely shade. I can't put my finger on the reason. The swatches portray the way Nicole looks on my arm. Factor in your own lip color, and a shade with a touch more pink or rose will likely appear.

This shade almost dances on my lips. It's got life - a liveliness that sticks around for a very reasonable amount of time for a hydrating lipstick. It doesn't slide off my lips during the first few minutes of speech. It offers medium-to-full-intensity coverage. I hesitate to call it full coverage, which can sound dull. Nicole is certainly not dull!

Jouer describes Hydrating Lipstick as having a sensationally smooth, soft finish and the powerful moisturizing properties of Brazil’s cupuaçu butter that will keep our lips protected and nourished with enduring beautiful coverage. A perfect balance of beauty and treatment.

That's an understated description, characteristic of Jouer. Hydrating Lipstick is that and more. Select a shade that suits your fancy, and I'll bet you'll find yourself smiling for the mirror after you apply it.

You can purchase Jouer's Hydrating Lipstick and all of the company's products at the Web site and Henri Bendel (also Skin 6|2 in Las Vegas). Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint, which some of you recommended last month, recently won an Allure Best of Beauty 2011 Award. I need to try it!

Photos at top courtesy of Jouer; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

2 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I use Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint(forgive me, Bobbi!!) and I've tried the Hydrating Lipstick. While I loved the texture/feel/staying power/hydration of the lipstick, I was less than sold on the color I chose, "Meredith" which is described as a "creamy nude pink." It had too much "white" in it for my taste. But "Nicole" sounds like a fantastic color, so I may give it a try. I also use their glosses ("Sunset" and "Wind"--LOVE) and the Lip Sheer in "St. Barths," which I, the color phobe, wore all summer in lieu of bright highly pigmented lipstick. LOVE that, too!

Charlestongirl said...

Oh MamaVal,

I was really amazed by the long last of Hydrating Lipstick. Jouer scored again!

I have a personal problem with nude lipstick. It has to have a certain depth or color to look good on me. I try not to buy nudes online, but to try first.

I need more Jouer!