Saturday, October 22, 2011

LOFT Georgetown Grand Opening

Today, I attended the grand opening event for the new Georgetown LOFT with Lucky magazine. There was a DJ, refreshments (the guy with the sparkling wine kept ignoring me, so I had to get a steak and cheese sandwich in Georgetown before I left - I could have staved off the hunger with wine!), and one of Lucky’s professional photographer's taking pictures of customers in their LOFT looks in front of this spectacular backdrop. One of Lucky’s stylists and local style maven Lacey Maffettone (shown above) were there to help anyone who was camera shy.

Red and orange were the shades of the day (two of three local bloggers showed us that), but that didn't stop me from buying a nice little black dress and a couple of amazing belts. Here are a few tips from Lucky and LOFT for looking effortlessly stylish and camera-ready.
  • Fashion Statement - Build your look starting with a fashion-forward piece, perhaps a neck warmer to accentuate in a bold, but soft way.
  • Mixed Media - The art of layering and mixing prints can be tricky, so keep it simple, pairing monochromatic patterns or stripes on stripes.
  • Subtle Shine - Add a metallic or colorful accessory for just the right amount of impact.
  • Beyond Black - A slim-fitting pant is a wardrobe staple. Give this season's vibrant offerings a try. Add a colorful skinny belt to personalize a wardrobe workhorse.
  • Finishing Touch - Your camera-ready look won't be complete without a killer pair of shoes.

Even though I may have been the oldest in the crowd, I had fun. I can't wait to wear my new figure-hugging LBD. I'll pair it with a snazzy scarf for my next photo op.

LOFT Georgetown is at 1239 Wisconsin Ave, NW, Washington, DC. It's a nice store, perfectly located. If you live in the DC area, check it out.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

6 comments:

Dlori said...

You might have been the oldest in chronological age at the event but I have no doubt you were by far, the prettiest.

Dlori
kleimanlaw at aol dot com

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Dlori, but I doubt that. There were some classy gals in there!

Daly Beauty said...

Ms. Lacey's red ensemble is to-die-for gorgeous. Love it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Jane!

I know her skirt and blouse were available at LOFT...or their twins. The gal behind me in line was buying the skirt.

RosaLovesDC said...

It was so nice meeting you. Hope to see you soon at another event!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi RosaLovesDC!

It was great meeting you gals. I wish we had had a better way to hook up there and chat. It was hard to tell the bloggers from the customers. The telltale camera was my only way.

Hope to see you at another event soon!